Tax and Clean Energy Policy
Incentivizing the Use of Clean Fuels
- Group Letter Urging Use of GREET Model for SAF Tax Incentive
Clean Fuels, ASA, NOPA and U.S. Canola urge using the most recent version of the GREET model as the “similar methodology” option for determining SAF tax credit eligibility.
- Clean Fuels Comments on Treasury Guidance for Sustainable Aviation Fuel Credit
SAF derived from co-processing is ineligible for the tax incentive. Treasury should adopt GREET as the similar methodology.
- Letter from 12 Senators to Treasury Secretary Yellen Urging Use of GREET in SAF Tax Incentives
Treasury should adopt the U.S. Department of Energy’s Greenhouse Gases, Regulated Emissions, and Energy Use in Technologies
(GREET) model as the secondary methodology for calculating tax credits for sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) produced
- Clean Fuels Comments on Treasury Notice for Clean Hydrogen and Clean Fuel Credits
Treasury should use GREET -- a U.S. lifecycle carbon emissions accounting model -- to determine tax credits for U.S. produced fuels.
- Clean Fuels Comments to U.S. Treasury on Clean Fuel Production Credit Guidance, 2022
It is critical that Treasury and IRS implement a verified, current, and science-based emissions rate methodology to set tax credit values.
- Letter to President Biden on Clean Fuels Jobs and Economic Impact, July 2022
In 2021, while petroleum production fell, the biodiesel and renewable diesel industry grew and added jobs. Stable tax incentives were a key reason.
- Study: The Economic Benefits of the Biodiesel Blenders’ Credit
The biodiesel tax incentive supports thousands of rural jobs and environmental benefits worth $4 billion in 2020.
- Letter to Congress Policy Priorities, 2021
The industry's federal policy priorities include stable tax incentives, funding for infrastructure, and optimizing the RFS to achieve carbon reductions.
September 19, 2023
Clean Fuels Welcomes Amendment to Limit, Save, Grow Act That Preserves Biodiesel Tax Credit Extension
May 2, 2023
Rising to the Challenge for SAF
April 25, 2023
Clean Fuels Files Comments on New SAF, Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel Tax Incentives
December 5, 2022
Clean Fuels Welcomes Tax Certainty, Infrastructure Funding
August 12, 2022
Clean Fuels Thanks Senate for Extending Tax Incentives, Infrastructure Funding
August 8, 2022
Clean Fuels Highlights Job Creation and Economic Benefits in Letter to President Biden
July 13, 2022
Clean Fuels Releases New Study Demonstrating Lower Consumer Costs at the Pump
May 9, 2022
Clean Fuels Releases Study on Benefits of the Biodiesel Tax Incentive
March 10, 2022
Clean Fuels Applauds Home Front Energy Independence Act
March 9, 2022