Clean Fuels Policy Priorities
Champions of Progress
Our dedicated team of clean fuels experts champion progress at the state and federal levels. Clean Fuels Alliance America advocates on behalf of its members in regulatory and legislative issues to advance the growth of biodiesel, renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel in the United States.
Requires transportation fuel sold in the United States to include annually set volumes of advanced clean fuels such as biomass-based diesel.
Federal tax credits adopted by Congress incentivize homegrown production and market access for biodiesel, renewable diesel and SAF.
Clean Fuels’ Fair-Trade Coalition supports fair trade in the biodiesel market, advocating for trade protections against unfairly subsidized and dumped biodiesel imports.
- Group Letter Urging Use of GREET Model for SAF Tax Incentive
Clean Fuels, ASA, NOPA and U.S. Canola urge using the most recent version of the GREET model as the “similar methodology” option for determining SAF tax credit eligibility.
- Letter from Iowa, Missouri and Nebraska Governors to EPA Administrator Regan on RFS Biomass-based Diesel Volumes for 2023-2025
The Proposed Renewable Fuel Standard Rules for 2023, 2024 and 2025 did not provide the expected upward trajectory for the biomass-based diesel industry.
- Letter from 12 Senators to Treasury Secretary Yellen Urging Use of GREET in SAF Tax Incentives
Treasury should adopt the U.S. Department of Energy’s Greenhouse Gases, Regulated Emissions, and Energy Use in Technologies
(GREET) model as the secondary methodology for calculating tax credits for sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) produced
- Letter to President Joe Biden from 75 Stakeholders on the RFS Biomass-based Diesel Volumes for 2023-2025
Increased production of biodiesel and renewable diesel in 2023 illustrates the need for EPA to raise RFS volumes substantially.
- Clean Fuels Comments on Treasury Notice for Clean Hydrogen and Clean Fuel Credits
Treasury should use GREET -- a U.S. lifecycle carbon emissions accounting model -- to determine tax credits for U.S. produced fuels.
- Clean Fuels Comments on EPA Proposed Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Heavy-Duty Vehicles-Phase 3
EPA cannot discount the immediate benefits biodiesel and renewable diesel have as we decarbonize the heavy-duty sector.
- Clean Fuels Comment on EPA Proposal to Sunset Energy Star Specifications for Oil Heat Equipment
Consumers want to decarbonize and are already doing so using Bioheat ® Fuel in existing home heating fuel systems. These systems merit Energy Star designation
- Clean Fuels Comments on EPA Proposed Multi-Pollutant Emissions Standards for Model Years 2027 and Later Light-Duty and Medium-Duty Vehicles
Using biodiesel and renewable diesel today will lower health care impacts and costs for all populations living in and near these areas including minority, low-income, and indigenous populations.
- Letter from Clean Fuels, Transportation and Heating Oil Associations to EPA Administrator Regan on RFS Biomass-based Diesel Volumes for 2023-2025
The U.S. National Blueprint for Transportation Decarbonization notes that clean, sustainable fuels are needed right now to drive emissions reductions and set us on a road to a clean transportation future.
- Clean Fuels Written Testimony for Senate Environment and Public Works Hearing, “Cleaner Vehicles: Good for Consumers and Public Health”
Our industry’s growth is consistent with the goals to address environmental health and provide consumer benefits at the pump
October 4, 2023
Clean Fuels, ASA, NOPA and U.S. Canola Urge Use of GREET Model for SAF Tax Incentives
September 19, 2023
Clean Fuels Welcomes Newly Announced HBIIP Grants
June 26, 2023
Clean Fuels Slams EPA’s Final RFS Biomass-based Diesel Volumes
June 21, 2023
Nebraska Governor Signs Bill Promoting Use of Biodiesel
June 8, 2023
Clean Fuels, RFS Stakeholders Send Letter to President Biden on RFS BBD Volumes
June 8, 2023
Clean Fuels Welcomes Final Determination in “Sunset” Review of Duties on Biodiesel from Argentina and Indonesia
May 26, 2023
Clean Fuels Applauds Governors’ Letter on RFS BBD Volumes
May 25, 2023
Clean Fuels, Transportation Industries Ask EPA for Strong Growth in RFS BBD Volumes
May 11, 2023
3 Years’ Worth of Proposed RFS ‘Growth’ in Biobased Diesel Volumes Fulfilled in 3 Months
May 5, 2023